t#MTBoSBlaugust--I Made Up A Thing For Group Norms

/
0 Comments
Hello Friends!

I have been at a CPM workshop (Math 3) all week. I love geeking out and playing math with my colleagues. I love how we think of teacher moves the best ways we can facilitate student engagement and learning.

The trainer gave us a carousel activity where each group of teachers got a card and, using post-its on the back, we gave one or two possible answers to questions like these: 



I thought this would be an excellent way to have groups re-visit the individual team member roles of Facilitator, Task Manager, Recorder/Reporter, and Resource Manager early in the year. (Has anyone ever had their students "apply" for a role? Maybe this could be a fun way of creating groups if there was an equal distribution of 1st and 2nd job choices) 

So I started thinking about a carousel/post-it activity for the students that I would use after 3-4 classes of using and defining the roles:


One team member has gone ahead of the others.
The______________ could ask_________________.

What other questions would you like to see the students think about? 

If you use groups of 4 and have team roles that you find effective, what are they? 




You may also like

No comments :

Like what you read? Want to contribute to the conversation? Leave a comment!