#mtbosblaugust--What Is In My Planner, Beyond Lesson Plans

/
0 Comments
As I clean out last year's planner, I thought it would be interesting to see what is in it besides my plans.

These are things I.cannot.throw.out. I need them like security blankets. Really, and I am 55 years old and have taught math for 32 years.

The items that will also go into this years planner book:


  • Health Care Clinics in Sonoma County-- a two page document with EVERY kind of low cost or free mental health and physical health clinics within 50 miles of our campus.



  • 5 Practices For Orchestrating Productive Math Discussions Cheat Sheet--Side 1: Set Goals and Select a Task. Side 2: Anticipating, Monitoring, Selecting, Sequencing, Connecting.



  • CF Icebreaker Questions--150 questions to ask kids as they high five you out the door.


  • Warm-Up Blank--I am always running out of these and needing to copy more.

  • Making Number Talks Matter Grades 4-10--a progression from Cathy Humphreys and Ruth Parker.

  • A Rumi Poem--Out beyond wrong doing and right doing, I will meet you there. 

  • A Quote From A History Teacher's Door--Some getting more rights does not mean you get less, it's not pie.


  • Finding the Words: Leaning the Language of Mathematics--An article by Drawing On Math on increasing equity in math through strong vocabulary. Tina gives us a road map to meet students where they are at, but not leave them there. 

  • Strategies For Students To Move Around--from I have no idea. 

Things that are in there because they gave me comfort, but won't be carried with me next year (but may get filed for handy reference).


  • CPM Lesson Plan Blanks. They are helpful to review. 
  • Lots of Scratch Papter
  • More Scratch Paper
  • A Blank Name Tent. After not seeing the students for two weeks during the fires last October, I re-introduced the name tents. First Question: What strength do you bring during challenging times?
  • An Algebra 2 Test. I picked up it up off the copier. It has 19 short answer questions on one page. It was a reminder to ask College Math Educators how they format tests. I did ask, and it wasn't like that. (This format makes my ADD brain hurt)
  • Sub Plans 
  • Natural Circle Measures--A lovely introduction to radians by The Roots of the Equation
  • Revised Assignment Sheets
  • The Binomial Theorem Jigsaw by https://mathcoachblog.com/ This a beauty. I think I will use it early in College Readiness. You know, before the SAT. 
  • Commonalities Among the Practices in Science, Math, and English Language Arts. A venn Diagram. Mostly around arguing from evidence. 
  • 2017-2018 Pacing Guide. Every day of the school year, Fall on one side, Spring on the other.
  • My Book Club Reading List. I read 3 out of 8 btw. 
  • My Favorite Guest Post from Ilana Horn's Daughter.  https://teachingmathculture.wordpress.com/category/guest-post/
  • A Swim Workout that I can no longer translate. 
What are the items in your planner that provide you a sense of well being?


You may also like

No comments :

Like what you read? Want to contribute to the conversation? Leave a comment!