Happy Inauguration Day and A Properties of Exponents Freebie!

/
1 Comments
I am thrilled. I am hopeful that in the next 4 years I see the real movement that I voted for to come about 4 years ago. Let's move forward powerfully and courageously.

I have tried many ways from discovery, to begging straight up: "these are the rules" to help my Algebra students work through properties of exponents. I had some success with a process I called, "1 by 1." We did 12 problems in shadowed boxes:



Given an Exit ticket of 5 problems where the average went from 3 to 7 out of 10, I'd say it was successful! Yay!

Hot tip of the day: in your windows "accessories"  you will find the "snipping tool."  It is so easy, even I can use it:

You can capture what is on your screen, like a screen shot, and save it as a Jpeg to use in...your blog posts!

I made this Tarisa Puzzle:

It takes a 18 x 24 piece of construction paper to complete: Here is the first part:
The next thing will be for me to write Tarsia Puzzle and this will be live for you to download. Anyone? Anyone?

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!


You may also like

1 comment :

  1. I like this! Thanks so much for sharing. I added this to my Livebinder to share with others as well.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Want to contribute to the conversation? Leave a comment!