MTBoS Love Letter

/
0 Comments
Kaneka,
You are hitting me right in my gut and heart! I fear I am not smart enough to play, AND I just let my enthusiasm and age wisdom push open that door!
I am a member of MTBoS, I made myself so. That is the thing about the MTBoS, it is one of those leaps of faith. You don’t have to be the brightest, funniest, smartest, newest, greatest, rockin’-est. You just have to have FAITH that you want to be better, that there is someone to who will listen, that you have peeps that care about your mathy well-being, and your person well-being. YOU ARE SOMEBODY! And the MTBoS is here to support you. Only thing is, no one is going to beg. That is what I mean about faith. And we are patient. And we want you to be with us. There are the amazing folks who started the ball rolling, and they have HUGE hearts. Come and play! Twitter is the same way. I was so overwhelmed, I felt like I was left out of the inside of everything, and guess what, I usually am, and there is always, always, always SOMEONE who is listening and will “like” a tweet, or respond to a plea, or feel compelled to tell you about a great resource. Because that is what we do for each other.
I didn’t believe it at first. (well first of all, I didn’t even know that I who I was really contacting and commenting on) Then you comment and get a reply from Matt Vaundry, or Fawn, or Dan…and then we are just all the MTBoS and so what?
The best way to handle twitter is Tweetdeck. Just have a column for #MTBoS, or for #Geomchat or whatever, and that really helps limit all the middle of stuff that makes you feel, well, out of it.
I hope I have given you some ideas and made MTBoS and twitter less intimidating. I am listening and reading!



You may also like

No comments :

Like what you read? Want to contribute to the conversation? Leave a comment!